Save Time at Work – We all want to have more time, relax, get some exercise, hang out with friends and family, or be alone. You can save time in many ways during the day. Take a few minutes to review the tips and suggestions in this article to save time now!
Give priority to the most important tasks.
If you complete the most important tasks on your list of activities to do early in the day, you do not have to hurry to finish them later. This way, you feel satisfied and you do not feel the pressure to carry out an important project when you take care of the smallest tasks of the day. This allows you to work more efficiently and save even more time.
The most important tasks are not always the most urgent. If you have to submit a routine document to your boss in the afternoon, it is probably not worth it to fill out around 11:00. m., if this implies that the customer service is poor. Know the difference between urgency and importance
Delegate tasks to other employees.
You must know your strengths and those of your colleagues to be able to delegate well. Some people are very good at numbers, others are good at writing. You can save time and do better work if you identify people with specialized skills to perform a task.
- If you delegate tasks, act with authority, but do not demand anything. You need to make sure that the person you are asking for help feels like an expert and praises her for the knowledge she has in the field.
- Remember that when you delegate tasks, you may have to accept someone else’s task.
Group similar tasks.
Typically, a person’s work day consists of small, ongoing tasks that are subdivided into larger projects of the day. You can save a lot of time and perform a more efficient task if you collect these tasks and finish them all.
- do not respond to e-mails every 20 minutes; instead, book two more periods to process all your emails. In this way, you will pay more attention to your work and you will not worry anymore.
- Take care of all calls and documents at the same time.
Leave the job at the same time.
In general, everyone comes to work at the same time every day, but the office usually stays late when there is work to be done. People go home when the day ends. Try to leave work at a normal time, not too late. You get the most out of your productivity during working hours if you decide not to be late.
You can give subtle instructions to the office to indicate that you are staying until a certain time. Tell others what your plans are for the afternoon or have them send you the material in advance, as you must be punctual when you leave.
Do not participate in meetings or unproductive conversations.
Sometimes people do not work with the efficiency you want. Do not let your problems overwhelm you. Be firm and if you have already understood what a talkative colleague wanted to tell you, tell him that you should continue your work.
- Learn to say no. If you’re invited to a meeting and you do not know if it’s helpful, you say you have to do a lot of things or have other priorities that you can not access.
- Indicates that you will come “later” to the meeting to hear about your work or when your presence is required. It is likely that your colleagues would not like to hear the word “no”, but they will respect your work ethic.
- If you have to attend a meeting, you have a fixed deadline, such as 20 minutes. You can also arrange the meeting in your office, where you have the authority to finish it at the right time.